Dance Medicine Services
- Physical Therapy to evaluate and treat injuries
- Rehabilitation exercises and recommendations
- Backstage performance care
- Preventative screenings to assess injury potential.
Research in dance medicine has shown that injuries are frequently caused by technique error and muscular imbalances. Screenings are used in many dance companies and schools to highlight potential problem areas and make recommendations for conditioning to prevent possible injuries.
- Conditioning classes and Pilates
- Educational classes and seminars for instructors, students, and parents
- Franklin Method Classes and Workshops
Franklin Method offers dancers a unique approach to understanding their instrument, the human body, and to enjoying freedom and ease of movement with decreased risk of injury. It has been used internationally in such diverse dance environments as The Juilliard School, The Royal Ballet, Royal Danish Ballet School, Hong Kong Ballet, University of Colorado Department of Theatre & Dance, Celine Dion Dancers and “A Chorus Line.”